We can all agree that beer is one of the most preferred alcoholic beverages especially in Europe and North America.
When compared to other alcoholic beverages like wine for example, their antioxidant content is equal, but has more Vitamin B. One of the major ingredients involved in brewing is known as hops. It is derived from a plant and it is also a rich source of flavonoids. Some of the minerals found in this drink have been proven to have a vital role in specific metabolic processes.
10 reasons why drinking beer is good for you
- It helps to keep your kidneys healthy. As a matter of fact, studies have shown that drinking one bottle of it can reduce the risk of kidney stone development by 40 percent.The relatively high fiber content in beer is also helpful in reducing LDL or “bad cholesterol” in your body.
- Silicon is one of the many minerals found in it and it is known for playing a part in improving bone density.
- It can also help to boost the levels of Vitamin B. Furthermore, it contains a host of B vitamins such as B1, B2, B6 and B12.
- It contains nicotinic acid and lactoflavin which are both used to promote sleep.
- According to scientists, there are several components of it that contribute to blood clot prevention.
- It has also been proven that drinking it will reduce their risk of heart attacks. In addition, research has gone on to show that people who drink beer reduce the risk by 40 – 60 percent.
- It also helps to improve memory and other cognitive functions. Therefore, the chances of you developing Dementia or Alzheimer’s disease will be reduced.
- Studies conducted at the University of Montreal, have pointed to the fact that two glasses of this drink each day can lower anxiety and work-related stress.
- Last but not least, certain vitamins in beer help to keep skin looking young.