It is very important to do detox, since it boosts many body functions and clean the body from toxins and waste.
There are many different ways of how to detox your body. One of the easy to make is a soup detox, which will enhance the function of many organs such as liver, kidneys, skin, gut etc.
As mentioned above, the soup is easy to make and should be consumed on daily basis (5-6 bowls per day), plus you need to drink a lot of water.
- Prepare a miso, bone, or vegetable broth.
- Add starchy veggies like parsnips, potatoes, beets, acorn squash, etc.
- Add fibrous veggies like leeks, spinach, carrots, onions, kale, zucchini, etc.
- Add proteins, like beans, lentils, nuts etc.
- Add spices like ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, etc.
- You can also add avocado, ghee, coconut, or olive oil, etc.
These are our 3 suggested soup recipes:
Carrot & Ginger Soup
- Two lbs chopped carrots
- Three tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Three chopped garlic cloves
- Two chopped onions
- Six c broth bone or vegetable
- One c coconut milk
- Two tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- Two tablespoon collagen (optional)
- Sea salt, black pepper, and onion to taste
Add carrots, ginger and garlic in one pan and leave them boil. Saute the onions and add the ghee. Cook up until you get a mixture which will look like caramel. Add everything in a blender, together with broth, coconut milk and season.
Red Lentil Soup
- One half c red lentils, rinsed
- Two chopped sweet potatoes
- Two chopped carrots
- ¼ c coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee
- One chopped apple
- One chopped onion
- 4 1/2 c bone or vegetable broth
- One-inch minced ginger root
- Half teaspoon paprika
- Half teaspoon ground cumin
- Half teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Coconut cream (optional)
Warm olive oil in a pot on medium heat, and add carrots, potatoes, onions and apple. After this, cook for 10 minutes and then add ginger, paprika, broth, chili powder, lentils, cumin and boil the soup. After half an hour add some coconut cream.
Broccoli Detox Soup
- 2.5 c broccoli florets
- One c kale or spinach
- Three chopped celery stalks
- Two c vegetable or bone broth
- One chopped onion
- Two Peeled and chopped carrots,
- Juice of half a lemon
- Two tablespoon coconut oil
- Half teaspoon of sea salt
Heat oil in a pot, and then add broccoli, onion and celery. After you cook for 5 minutes, add all remaining ingredients, and leave it to simmer until it thickens.
Enjoy and share this post!