The Australian ABC has reported that Tasmanian teenager lost 75% of his eyesight due to this “toy“. According to his doctor, Ben Armitage, the boy had pointed a laser directly into his eyes for a few seconds, which caused permanent damage in both eyes. Even though the 14-year-old boy did not feel pain at the time of the incident, the damage was done immediately. The central parts of his eyes were most severely damaged, and according to Doctor Armitage, even glasses can’t improve the condition.

Burn-injury-to-the-eyes-One-little-boy-lost-his-sight-because-of-this-toy-that-you-probably-have-at-home-500x

 

Study Center for Radiological Health of the US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has confirmed that laser pointers between 3 and 5mW are generally safe and there are no cases of injuries caused by these types of lasers. But, laser pointers with a power of 5mW or higher can seriously harm the vision and everyone needs to avoid them.

Accidents such as these have prompted the doctors to warn the parents about the harmful effects that can be caused by lasers.

Source: http://besthealthyguide.com/

kbTrending
The Australian ABC has reported that Tasmanian teenager lost 75% of his eyesight due to this “toy“. According to his doctor, Ben Armitage, the boy had pointed a laser directly into his eyes for a few seconds, which caused permanent damage in both eyes. Even though the 14-year-old boy...