Dryer sheets cause hormone imbalance, neurotoxicity, respiratory problems, & even cancer
A great part of the commercial dryer sheets abound in many toxic chemicals such as Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Acetate, Linalool and Chloroform which harm your health.
Although they end up on their skin, when heated they become toxic. The toxins affect the brain’s neurological centers causing a great damage.
5 Catastrophic Reasons to Ditch Dryer Sheets
The people coat their clothes with artificial fragrances when using dryer sheets. However, these chemicals are alarmingly toxic. Their carcinogenic nature can cause liver damage and cancer.
Dr. Anne Steinemann, an UW professor conducted a study to understand the effects of fragrances in the laundry products. The results pointed out that more than 25 VOCs emitted from dryer vents with a great amount of ethanol, acetone and acetaldehyde (the two of them are considered carcinogenic).
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER NOW AND GET YOUR:
- FREE eBook! Our best 18 health advice in one eBook ready for you..
- FREE Health Tips Directly in Your Inbox! Healthy Food, Natural Remedies, Exercises and many more…
Or in other words, the acetaldehyde, one of the toxic VOCs has emissions such quantity that equals 3% of the total emissions from automobiles. This is such an omission of harmful chemicals.
The Environmental Protection Agency and The Material Safety Data Sheets from the U.S. pointed out a list of chemicals found in fabric softener products.
1. Alpha – Terpineol – This chemical causes disorders of the nervous system and the brain, depression, headaches and loss of muscle control.
2. Benzyl – Acetate – It is directly connected with the pancreas cancer.
3. Benzyl – Alcohol – This is a potent irritant of the upper respiratory tract that affect the central nervous system causing disorders, dramatic changes in blood pressure, vomiting, nausea, dizziness and headache.
4. Chloroform – Neurotoxic – It is a carcinogenic and anesthetic chemical that affects your brain. The inhalation of its vapors can lead to nausea, vomiting, headache, loss of consciousness, drowsiness and dizziness.
5. Ethanol – This is one of the most present ingredient in the fabric softeners. The EPA’s placed it on the hazardous Waste List and connected it to CNS disorders.
6. Ethyl – Acetate – Another chemical found on the EPA’s hazardous Waste List which causes headaches.
7. Linalool – It causes brain and nervous systems disorders, depression and loss of muscle coordination.
8. Pentane – It leads to nausea, headaches, fatigue, dizziness and even depression.
But how you can protect yourself from the toxic dryer sheets? A very simple answer, by using wool balls. The wool balls are completely natural and remove the static cling and wrinkles while in the same time soften the clothes.
Source: http://www.healthandlovepage.com/http://theimprovementclub.com/dryer-sheets-cause-hormone-imbalance-neurotoxicity-respiratory-problems-even-cancer/Trendingcancer prevention