Energy Efficient Bulbs Cause Anxiety, Migraines, and Even Cancer. Here’s Why You Should Switch Back To Incandescent or LEDs
With the aim of saving both money and energy, many people have swapped the old standard light bulbs with eco-friendly energy saving light bulbs. However, it turns out that the generation of new energy saving light bulbs is toxic and detrimental to the extent that the U.S Environmental Protection Agency has come up with an emergency protocol you need to adhere to in case of bulb breakage, due to the harmful gas being released. According to a study done by researchers at Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute for German`s Federal Environment Agency, this gas releases 20 times the allowed amount of mercury in the air.
Energy efficient light bulbs are linked to various health concerns, including anxiety, migraines, dizziness, cluster headaches, fatigue, inability to concentrate, and even seizures.
REASONS TO SWITCH BACK TO INCANDESCENT OR LEDS
1. Mercury Content
Mercury is a well-known neurotoxin which is detrimental to anyone, particularly to pregnant women and children. It affects the brain, the nervous system, the kidneys, and the liver. In addition, it is toxic to the cardiovascular, reproductive, and immune system and is linked to anxiety, headaches, tremors, insomnia, memory loss, Alzheimer`s disease, and even cancer.
2. Cancer-causing Chemicals
According to a study done by Peter Braun at Berlin Germany`s Alab laboratory, energy efficient light bulbs contain cancer-causing chemicals. Among them are:
- Styrene: Also known as ethenylbenzene, vinylbenzene, and phenylethene, this chemical is basically a petroleum byproduct and is used in the production of resins, plastics, and rubber.
- Phenol: This toxic colorless solid is obtained from coal tar and is used in the production of chemicals. It is highly irritating to the eyes and the skin.
- Naphthalene: This volatile crystalline compound is obtained from coal tar and is mostly used as material for chemical manufacture.
3. UV Rays
Energy saving bulbs emit UV-B and UV-C radiation, which is known as highly detrimental to the skin and the eyes. This radiation affects the immune system, damages the skin, and inhibits the formation of vitamin D3.
To sum up, energy saving bulbs are toxic and shouldn’t be kept in the regular trash can. In case of bulb breakage indoors, you need to open all windows and doors right away as well as to evacuate the house within 15 minutes. Unfortunately, incandescent lights won`t be available anymore, due to the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 which favors energy-efficient ones. But, the good news is that you still have LEDs available, which are completely safe to use and emit the least UV radiation than any other type of bulbs.
Source: http://besthealthyguide.com/http://theimprovementclub.com/energy-efficient-bulbs-cause-anxiety-migraines-and-even-cancer-heres-why-you-should-switch-back-to-incandescent-or-leds/Health & Fitnessanxiety,headache