How to: Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead of Eggs and Butter
Chocolate cake is loved by almost everyone, the rich taste can be a real treat for your dessert.
However, this cake is very rich in fats and sugar, so if you are the health conscious type you may not want to consume more than a small piece of the cake at any given time.
Well you can now enjoy the rich chocolate flavour of this cake without the fear of spiking your blood sugar levels or widening your waist length.
You can try an amazing recipe that involves the use of your favourite fruit — avocado.
You can make your cake frosting completely devoid of eggs and butter, but with just avocado, a little sugar and cocoa powder.
Here’s what you require to make this amazing chocolate cake
- Dark chocolate (cocoa powder) — 5 tablespoons
- Baking powder — 2 teaspoons
- Avocado or coconut oil — 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract — 2 teaspoons
- Ripe avocado (mashed) — 2
- White vinegar — 2 tablespoons
- Raw sugar cane or coconut sugar — 2 cups
- Confectionery sugar — 2 cups or less
- First preheat your oven to a temperature of 350 degrees.
- Next flour and grease cake pans of a size of 9 inches.
- Get a large bowl and whisk your dark chocolate cocoa powder, baking powder, avocado oil, ripe avocado and vanilla extract.
- Get another bowl and add the other ingredients in it, whisk them thoroughly and add your sugar.
- Add the avocado mix onto the flour mix and whisk until you get a smooth, homogeneous mixture.
- Put this mix in equal parts onto your cake pans and bake.
- Once the cakes are baked, let them cool in their respective pans before frosting.
Your cake is ready and you will thoroughly enjoy the taste of this avocado chocolate cake without worrying too much about gaining excessive weight.
Source: http://www.healthyfoodstar.com/http://theimprovementclub.com/how-to-chocolate-cake-with-avocado-instead-of-eggs-and-butter/Health & FitnessHow To?health,Healthy Food,Recipe