How to Make Marshmallows That Are So Healthy You Can Eat as Many as You Want
If you are an outdoor person and you love going camping and on hikes in wooded areas then one camping necessity will be marshmallows.
But did you know that the traditional marshmallows are high in their sugar content?
They may be low on fat but they are extremely high in sugar, as a matter of fact it is estimated that there is about 4 grams of sugar in just one of your ordinary marshmallow.
To put this in proper perspective if you are having a dessert of a cup of marshmallows you are consuming about 29 grams of refined sugar. What this means is that you are stuffing your body with more than 400 calories and with just a single cup of marshmallows you have increased your daily calories limit by as much as 10 grams.
The Dangers Of Refined Sugar
- Increase food cravings
- Oral health problems like cavities
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart-related diseases
- Pancreatic cancer
A Healthy Homemade Marshmallow Solution
You can have a healthier marshmallows recipe that is free from sugar but with great unique flavour and taste. Giving your camping trip a pleasant tasting experience.
Here’s what you need
- Stop The Struggle – Lose Belly Fat In 2 Simple Steps
- Can This 10 Second A Day “Trick” Really Burn Belly Fat?
- The Fat From Sides And Your Belly Will Disappear In A Week!
- Revcontent Talks The Importance of User Experience
- 27 Extremely Weird Humans On Earth. #8 is Shocking!
- Millionaires In Skopje Are Doing Everything To Remove This Video. Watch
- Macedonia: You Can Earn $1,792 Every Day (Starting Today – Watch)
- Pure natural honey — 1/2 cup
- Salt- 1/8 teaspoon
- Cold water — 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract — 1/2 teaspoon
- Gelatin — 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Get a bread loaf pan and grease it slightly.
- Use parchment paper to cover the pan and have the ends of the paper hanging over the edges of the pan.
- Put the gelatin in a small bowl of water (about a quarter cup) and leave it alone for it to get soft.
- Put another quarter cup of water, the salt and your pure natural honey in a saucepan.
- Place this saucepan on a stove and heat using a medium heat. You should then make use of a candy thermometer to ensure that the temperature of the mixture is around 240 degrees Celsius, you should reach this temperature after about 8 minutes of boiling.
- When the mixture is taken from the saucepan and cooled using water it should appear as candy and form small soft candy balls.
- Next you will pour the hot candy syrup in the bowl containing the gelatin and water mix. What you need to do is slowly pour the syrup into the bowl letting it drizzle down a side of the bowl as you use a hand mixer to slowly mix the ingredients as you pour.
- As soon as you have poured the syrup into the gelatin mixture and mixed the two, you can then put in the vanilla extract and then still using your hand mixer increase your mixing speed and mix the ingredients for a period of 15 minutes at a high speed. You will do this until you get a thickened and fluffy looking mixture.
- You should then pour this mixture onto the bread loaf pan and set it aside for a period of between 4 to 12 hours to properly dry at room temperature, do not cover the pan. It is best you do this overnight and by the morning you can cut the dry marshmallows into square shapes and it’s ready for consumption.
You can make marshmallows using coconut flakes.
To prepare this all you need to do is…
- Just toast half a cup of unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Once toasted, sprinkle about half of the coconut flakes on the pan before you put your marshmallows mixture on the pan.
- After putting your mixture on the Ian you can sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes on top of the marshmallow mixture on the pan and leave for 4 to 12 hours to dry.
For marshmallows with a cocoa flavour all you need to do is roll your dry marshmallows in cocoa powder before you cut it into square shapes for consumption.
Source: http://www.healthyfoodstar.com/http://theimprovementclub.com/how-to-make-marshmallows-that-are-so-healthy-you-can-eat-as-many-as-you-want/Health & Fitnesshealth,Recipe