Mom’s 10-Year-Old Daughter Dies Suddenly — After Doctors Fail to Pay Attention to Her Cold Sores
This is really shocking and heartbreaking story – in January 2015, Briony Caitlin Klingberg was a 10-year-old little girl living in Adelaide, Australia. So, one day, she began to feel feverish and sick. It wasn’t until she stopped showing interest in eating and drinking that her mother, Bridget, became particularly concerned. So, she took her daughter to several doctors, but they were never sent home with a diagnosis. It was a complete guessing game as to the reason for Briony’s condition.
Unfortunately, no one discovered that she was suffering from herpes simplex virus, a common yet dangerous illness. So, when they came back home, she started vomiting and was having trouble swallowing. Her parents took her back to the doctor, where white ulcers were detected in the back of her throat that looked just like cold sores. However, Briony was diagnosed with a general throat infection and prescribed antibiotics. After that, she was sent home and was told to come back the following week for a follow-up. And then, something terrible happened – Briony did not live long enough to return to the doctor.
Yes, this is really shocking – Briony Klingberg, a healthy and active 10-year-old, suddenly felt feverish and sick. She stopped eating and drinking, and it became harder for her to swallow. Her mother, Bridget, took Briony to several doctors — but no one could diagnose her. And, as we said, the doctors found ulcers in Briony’s throat and was sent home with antibiotics. But her case was much more severe. This poor little girl was suffering from herpes simplex virus, a common yet dangerous illness.
And, just after 3 days, she suffered massive organ failure and died as a result of her untreated case of herpes simplex virus. Bridget, now a grieving and heartbroken mother, was furious with the doctors who treated her daughter.
“You trust that if she’s sick enough, they would say she needs to stay in.”
Bridget also mentioned that the herpes virus was not detected until after Briony’s death. The doctor who treated Briony said he had only ever seen the virus present on the tongue, gums, and inside the lips — never on the back of the throat. The doctor also said that he’s reminded of Briony and her illness every time he sees a child… Anytime he looks into anyone’s throat.
Herpes simplex virus (HSV) infections have a wide range of symptoms, including but not limited to:
- Abrupt onset of illness
- Inability to eat and/or drink
- Increased drooling in infants due to pain on swallowing
- Vesicular lesions on the tongue
You should be very careful, because most primary HSV-1 infections occur in infancy and childhood, and are transmitted primarily by contact with infected saliva. And, 3 years ago, a newborn baby died from complications due to herpes simplex virus — which was transferred to her by a single kiss. Now, more parents are speaking out about the dangers of kissing babies, for this very reason. And I really think that every parent should be aware of the signs and symptoms of herpes simplex virus. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family and help raise awareness.
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share!