The Most Powerful Herb that Destroys Strep, Herpes, Candida and Flu Virus
Thyme is member of the mint family and comes in many different varieties. While it`s only one plant, the content of the oil obtained from the plant shows certain differences depending on the area and the location it grows in.
The potent microbial properties of some oils are safe to use in most instances, but some of them aren’t. For example, thymus vularis ct. linalool is the safest for beginners, including elderly individuals and children. Other chemotypes, like thymus vulgaris c.t carvacrol, vulgaris ct. thujanol, and thymus vulgaris ct. thymol, should be only used under supervision of qualified aromatherapist. Thyme is most used in aromatherapy, but it should be used in moderation.
Thyme possesses antiseptic, antispasmodic, antibiotic, antiviral, fungicidal, bactericidal, and expectorant properties, which make it capable of killing off microbes, boosting immunity, helping the body flush out toxins, increase the resistance to foreign organisms, and promoting the formation of white blood cells. Its name derives from the Greek word ‘thymos’, meaning ‘to perfume’, so it`s no wonder its aroma is so potent and penetrating.
Thyme Health Benefits
Treating respiratory infections is one of the most common uses of thyme. Being an effective pulmonary disinfectant, it is beneficial for sore throats, asthma, coughs, whooping coughs, bronchitis, laryngitis, and chest, throat, and nose infections. Inhale thyme oil to treat infections like chest or nose infections, and use it mouthwash or toothpaste for mouth and gum infections. After one German study, most researchers now believe that the secret of cough medicines is in the local action of essential oil on the respiratory tract. Mounting evidence suggests that essential oils work as expectorants and increase the secretion of mucus to alleviate dry coughs. It is recommended to inhale small amounts, as too strong provides the opposite effect.
It is also used to treat physical and psychological weakness, such as regaining strength after an illness. It is effective against depression, chronic fatigue, and poor concentration. Thyme also improves circulation, boosts memory, balances mind and body, and raises blood pressure that is too low.
Being a potent antibacterial and antiseptic agent, thyme essential oil is widely used in solutions to disinfect hands prior surgery. It can destroy staphylococcus at a dilution of 1,000 times. According to a study done in France, it is one of the few essential oils that kill off 90% within three hours, when used as vaporizer.
- It is an ingredient in natural hand sanitizers
- Kills off nail fungus
- Kills off parasites
- It is used for candida and vaginitis
- To treat athlete`s foot, apply the oil onto the affected area, protecting it with some fatty cream
- It helps treat infections of the urinary tract and bladder, as it acts as mild diuretic
- Use diluted oil or crushed herb to treat insect bites and stings
- Add thyme to hot compress to alleviate muscular aches and pains, gout, arthritis, sciatica, sports injuries, and rheumatic pain
- Use it as hair tonic or face wash to treat acne or warts
- Use it in bath to stimulate weak menstruation of missing periods
- Use 1% solution as an antibacterial wash for your produce
- Thymol, a compound found in thyme essential oil, has been shown to stimulate blood flow to the skin and facilitate healing
- Thymol increases the amount of healthy fats in cell membranes
- Thyme repels insects
Source: http://besthealthyguide.com/http://theimprovementclub.com/powerful-herb-destroys-strep-herpes-candida-flu-virus/Health & Fitness