There are many people who share the opinion that pizza is an unhealthy food. This is not entirely true, seeing that you can replace that greasy heavy pie crust with one made from chia seeds and cauliflower.
Not only does it taste great, but it is also quite healthy. Cauliflower is loaded with those vitamins that our body need such as omega-3, vitamin K and thiamine. It also contains a sulfur compound that is known for eradicating cancer stem cells.
The second part of this wonderful combination is chia seeds. These tiny grains contain antioxidants that fight cancer-causing free radicals. They are also packed with omega-3, fiber, iron calcium and protein. After trying this crust for yourself, you will not regret it.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- 1 large organic cauliflower
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix chia seeds with the cup of water 20 minutes before use.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces, place in a blender and blend until it has a rice-like texture.
- Measure out 3 cups of the blended cauliflower and place in a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, almonds and oregano.
- Make a hole in the center of the mixture and pour the soaked chia seeds into it.
- Combine all ingredients by hand until a ball-like shape starts to form. It should be loose and not too sticky.
- Place the ball on a baking tray and flatten it into a crust using your hands.
- Make a ridge around the outside and bake for 25 minutes or until crust looks golden brown
- Add your desired tomato base and your favorite toppings, then bake for 5 additional minutes.