Over the years, sexual intercourse has been seen as a great way to pass the time, exercise and improve someone’s mood. Studding about Sexual Abstinence, experts confirm that the health benefits related to this activity have been underestimated.
Let us jump straight into the things that can happen when you practice Sexual Abstinence
- You get sick easier – Very little or no sex will weaken your immune system. This will make it easy for various bacteria to spread quickly through the body, causing colds and flu.
- Stress level increases – Having sex regularly will reduce the number of stress hormones that the body produces. Without it, you will feel tense and very frustrated.
- Difficulty in getting aroused – It may sound like a cliché to some people. However, the fact remains that if you don’t have sex on a regular basis, it can be increasingly difficult for men to have erections and the same would apply to women and orgasms.
- Loss of sexual desire – If your body goes through a prolonged “dry spell” as it relates to sexual activity, the number of sex hormones your body produces will drop significantly. The longer this dry spell continues, the fewer sex hormones your body will produce and eventually your desire for it will seem almost non-existent.
- Dreams begin to change – For most people, when their sex life is suffering, they begin to have strange dreams. These dreams do not necessarily have to do with sex, but yes, you may find yourself dreaming about it more often than usual. In some cases, you may even have orgasms in your sleep.
If these facts was not enough, read the last three and let us know your comments
- Increases the risk of cancer. This point speaks to men in particular. When they don’t have sex for a long time, it can increase the risk of prostate cancer by as much as 2.5 percent. With this in mind, it’s not a bad idea from men to “clear the pipes” regularly.
- Lowers self-esteem. Some people tend to underestimate what can happen if a person feels unwanted from a sexual point of view. Studies have shown that sex is a great antidepressant, having no sex at all can definitely throw you into a state of depression.
- Puts more distance between you and your partner. Some people claim to be in a relationship where they only sleep together on rare occasions. It doesn’t come as a surprise when their interpersonal distance increases. It can also bring about feelings of uncertainty towards your partner. People outside of your relationship will seem more attractive.