SURPRISING USES OF LISTERINE MOUTHWASH THAT EVERYONE NEED TO KNOW!
Listerine is an effective antiseptic mouthwash that many people include in their daily oral health care routine. This mouthwash is known to improve oral health and has been in the market for more than 100 years.
Scientific studies have found Listerine to be effective in reducing the development of plaque and gingivitis, thanks to its antiplaque and antigingivitis qualities.
However, this mouthwash is not just effective in rinsing plaque away and improving your overall oral health. Due to its antiseptic, antifungal, astringent and sanitizing properties as well as its alcohol content, Listerine has certainly proven itself useful in our daily lives in many other ways.
NOTE: Make sure you use the original brown-colored Listerine, not the blue one!
Here are some of the uses of Listerine:
Cures Toenail Fungus and Athlete’s Foot
Whether you have a toenail fungus or athlete’s foot, your bottle of regular Listerine mouthwash can help treat the problem within a few days.
Listerine contains thymol, which has antifungal properties that help kill the fungus responsible for toenail fungus. It provides fast relief from symptoms like stinging and burning sensations and excessive itching.
- For treating a mild toenail fungus, dab some Listerine mouthwash on cotton balls and place them on the affected toenails. Wrap them with a small bandage or tape to secure the cotton balls. Leave them on for about 45 minutes, then gently scrub the toenails with a soft toothbrush. Wash and pat dry thoroughly. Repeat once a day.
- For severe athletes’ foot, mix equal amounts of Listerine and white vinegar. Soak your foot in the solution for 30 minutes before washing it off. Repeat 2 or 3 times a week.
Whitens Yellow Nails
If your nails are discolored due to some kind of fungal infection, Listerine can reduce the yellowness and make your nails whiter than ever before.
This help fight the infection and restore the health of your nails.
- Mix equal amounts of Listerine and vinegar. Soak your discolored nails in this solution for 20 minutes, then gently scrub the nails with a soft toothbrush. Repeat daily for a few days until your nails become white.
- Alternatively, soak your discolored nails in Listerine for 20 minutes. Do this daily for a week, then take a break for a week, and repeat the procedure the following week.
Softens Dry, Cracked Heels
To soften dry, cracked heels, Listerine is very effective. It is often used in foot soaks to soften the heels, which can also prevent cracked heels.
It also contains thymol, an ingredient that kills the bacteria responsible for foot odor. Plus, its astringent nature helps reduce the amount your feet sweat, which helps reduce odor.
- Put 2 cups of warm water in a foot tub.
- Add 1 cup each of Listerine and white vinegar.
- Soak your feet in this solution for 20 minutes.
- Add more hot water to keep the water warm.
- Remove your feet from the solution and use a pumice stone to scrub off the dead skin cells.
- Finally, wash your feet, pat dry thoroughly and apply some moisturizer.
- Follow this remedy once a week to keep your feet soft and smooth.
Listerine works as an effective astringent, thus helping to treat acne and other skin blemishes. When used topically, it easily penetrates into the skin and helps dry out the acne. It also reduces redness and inflammation.
Also, its antiseptic nature helps prevent skin infections.
- Wash your face thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Dab a little Listerine on the acne before going to bed.
- The next morning, wash your face again.
- Repeat daily as needed.
Source: http://www.tophealthylifeadvices.com/http://theimprovementclub.com/surprising-uses-of-listerine-mouthwash-that-everyone-need-to-know/Health & Fitnesshome tricks