The Experience Of A Doctor: Alkaline Diet Enabled Me A life Without Diseases!
Acidic environment in the body is associated with the incidence of numerous diseases and inflammation.
He managed to lose 20 pounds and to beat his sugar addiction by sticking to this alkaline diet. Even now his diet is based on alkaline foods and he feels energetic than when he was in his twenties, even though he is now 40 years old.
“I run a triathlon and ultramarathon. I cannot remember the last time I was sick, “he says.
This diet is very simple but you will need to strictly follow certain principles: Avoid dairy products, sugar, gluten, alcohol, meat and coffee. Your diet should be based on green leafy vegetables and other alkaline foods. Also, you should avoid eating too much fruit because it is rich in sugars which can lead to acidic environment.
″One of the misconceptions is that this diet changes the pH of the blood. However, this is not possible because your body strictly regulates the pH value and nutrition can affect it. On the other hand, if you eat too much acidic foods,″ says Dr. Gioffre, ″The body will maintain the same pH level at the expense of the health of bones and heart, as it will pull alkaline minerals from their own resources! ″
“People think that a healthy lifestyle includes the elimination of all the foods you love. This is not true. You should enjoy the process, to appreciate health, “he says.
What to eat?
Oriental mushrooms shitake, maitake,
Mushrooms like oyster mushrooms and champignons
Seaweed such as nori, kombu, wakame
Soy and soy products
Lemons and limes
Olive Soybean sprouts
Sesame seeds, tahini – sesame seed paste
Food you should be cautious with:
- Proteins of animal origin are known to cause acidic environment in the body. For every excess 10g proteins we consume, we lose 100mg of calcium urinate. Limit your protein intake.
- Carbonated drinks- they are loaded with phosphorus which leads to reduced calcium levels when taken in large quantities.
- Limit your coffee consumption since too much caffeine is associated with acidity in the body and with increased risk of osteoporosis by 82%. Do not drink more than three cups of coffee in a day.
- Refined foods like white bread, cakes and puff pastry are known to cause acidic environment in the body and removing calcium from the bones.
- Limit the consumption of dark teas.
- Reduce the intake of fatty foods.